To adjust peak, fill the valley, enhance flexibility and reliability for local electrical power system and implement the national goal of "Peak Carbon Dioxide Emissions" and "Carbon Neutrality", the local government and CR Power started to build the 66MW/132MWh Energy Storage Substation in Xiantao, Hubei Province, with a total investment of 296 million yuan. This project kicked off in August 2022, and was delivered in March 2023.
3onedata provides battery energy storage solution for this project. The BMS monitors operating status (voltage, current, SoH, SoC, temperature, etc.) of the battery pack in real time. The AC/DC conversion and active/reactive power regulation of energy storage system are realized through PCS. EMS collects the operating status and parameters of the entire energy storage unit, and communicates with the dispatching layer to realize real-time remote monitoring and real-time instruction transmission and reception of the battery energy storage system. In addition, the battery energy storage system can also realize environmental monitoring such as flood monitoring, smoke detection, temperature and humidity monitoring.
In the system, 3onedata’s unmanaged switches IES318 are installed to allow the access for main control systems of energy storage units’ BMS and PCS, environmental monitoring devices, and testing and control devices. After encrypted by vertical encryption equipment, data will be imported to the L2 managed switch IES7110-2G. The energy storage unit of the entire site is ultimately accessed to the L3 core switch ICS5428 and then connected to the monitoring center, achieving monitoring and management of the energy storage substation through EMS.
1. Strong electromagnetic interference environment usually leads to damage of facilities and data loss
2. The large amount of energy storage system data may cause transmission delay and data response delay
3. Must be in accordance with IEC 61850
1. Industrial-grade design was adopted to endure the electromagnetic interference environment and ensure the stability of network and reliability of data transmission
2. Single control ring network plus dual data ring network to increase the real-time and reliability of data control
3. Fanless and low-power consumption design, complies with IEC 61850
1. Adjust peak, fill the valley, enhance flexibility and reliability for local electrical power system2. Implement the national goal of "Peak Carbon Dioxide Emissions" and "Carbon Neutrality"